7x7x7x7 Experiment

Corinne has been on an Inspiring Spree with her Writing Prompt that leads us to our latest post. 

I remember participating in this last when she had hosted the same a few months back ..and wrote my verse as a comment in her post Everyday Gyaan

So here is what we do.
  1. Grab the 7th book from your bookshelf.
  2. Open it up to page 7.
  3. Pinpoint the 7th Line on the page.
  4. Begin a poem/a piece of prose that begins with that Line
  5. Limit it in length to 7 lines.

My 7th Book on my Bookshelf is :

Don't let the noise crowd out the truth
Don't let your voice die out, in you . . .
Sing your song, let the mighty hear,
Truth in the face of darkness, sneer
Hope, may the Truth new spawn
Standing up tall but NEVER alone
"Yabadabadoo", says Flintstone






Yeah..so my alter ago was in a crazy mood...what about yours?




Comments

Nandini said…
What is it about my presence in your home
That you are not even checking your phone...
Anyway, have you thought of what we’ll be doing today?
Or are you just going to sit there and look at me this way?
Well, do you want to say anything to me?
“Yes”, he said, “I’m just too pleased to have you here”
“And had been meaning to ask, will you marry me next year?”

Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
(Technically this is Pg. 15, since the story starts from Pg. 9)
Me said…
Nano!!!! This is sooo cute.. In fact this is the cutest proposal ever.. God, Let her write the story of my Life :D :D :D
Nandini said…
Thank you Deepti :D Ab inspiration bhi toh Harry Potter ka tha :P
Vinay Leo R. said…
LOL :D what an ending! ;)
There will always, one can assume, be need for some selling. Madmen often feel that their works and words simply ‘work’. They often fail to recognize the ‘desperate sales efforts’ to convince both the client and the customer. But selling isn't restricted to the ad man [or the ad woman for for that matter]. Selling happens even when you really don’t mean to. What is that unwavering smile on your face if not simply a way to sell the emotion of pleasure in you to the host who disbelieves your praises when in fact you are enjoying the meal? You buy this, don't you? :P

[Marketing Management by Philip Kotler]
Bhavya said…
Lol :D Yabadabadooo it is!!
KISLAYA GOPAL said…
Oh this was such a nice one, thoroughly enjoyed!
Yababadabadoooo!!!
Anonymous said…
Yabadabadooo! he he... I loved your alter ego's take on the prompt. :)
Ava said…
Good one, mingling humour with seriousness :D
Richa Singh said…
yabadadoo I love it! this is quite a lovely end :D :D

Richa
Raja said…
Thought-provoking lines. I liked the flourish at the end, contrasting the pensiveness of the preceding lines.
Suzy said…
I loved it - I love poems and I love the wisdom in your poem. it's a yabadabadoo one. :D
Dropping by from 7x7x7x7 linkup
Suzy http://suzysomedaysomewhere.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/write-tribe-7x7x7x7.html